Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Have A Heart 2008


This bracelet is not only pretty but it also has the power to help in advancements in science. When you purchase this bracelet 50% of the proceeds will be donated to the Reeve-Irvine Research Center in Irvine California were scientist are working on a cure for spinal cord injuries. This is something that is very close to my heart because on February 16, 1996 I was injured and suffered a spinal cord injury which left me a paraplegic. I am now confined to a wheelchair and only have the use of my arms as the rest of my body is paralyzed. While I do not like the situation I am in I do feel very fortunate that I still have the ability to use my hands so I can create the jewelry that I conceptualize in my mind. With this ability to make jewelry I will always create special pieces in the beginning of every year in order to raise money for a cure not just for me, but for every person who is suffering and will suffer from a spinal cord injury.

The time around my injury has always been difficult for me and it was January of 2007 when I realized that what happened to me in the past is just that, in the past, but I am the one who has control of my future. It is more empowering knowing that I am doing something to help make the use of a wheelchair a thing of the past. But it is only possible with the help of people like you, so please Have A Heart and purchase a bracelet for only $15.oo. Every bit makes a great difference.
Thank you!

The bracelet is now available to purchase in my Etsy shop. Since this is for charity all sales on this bracelet are final and I will only accept payment through paypal as it is the quickest and safest method of payment.

Bracelet measures approx. 8" in length and has the most adorable silver heart and arrow toggle clasp. Champagne tinted faux pearls are separated by crystal fire polished beads with an aurora borealis coating for extra sparkle. Each bracelet purchased will come in a beautiful sheer organza pouch. Pouch measures 3"x4".

XO,
Teresa

1 comment:

Daniel said...

I hope you don't mind I mentioned your heart 2008 jewelry on a recent blog entry. I wish you the best success in this endeavor, T!

Breakfast at Tiffany's